There are so many choices available today when it comes to accessories, so why buy one of mine?
I feel that my products demonstrate the sort of craftsmanship and attention to detail that can only come from a hand-made item. I personally value these attributes whenever I myself am buying something, so I try my hardest to live up to those ideals in the things I make.
A good product starts with good materials, and I never compromise when it comes to this. Not all leather is created equal.
I prefer to use leather from well-regarded tanneries such as Conceria Walpier in Italy, Alran from France, and, of course, America's own Horween and Wicket & Craig. I always note which leather I've used in my product listings.
Hardware, when used, is made from brass or solid copper. Thread is either waxed polycord or pure linen, depending on the item.
Saddle stitching with waxed linen thread.
A lot of what I do is achieved by hand. My cuts, my stitches, the decorative creases, all of these things must be done with a steady hand and careful eye.
The finishing work in particular is the most time consuming but pays great dividends. Burnishing edges with canvas, or painting them on certain leathers, can take hours to complete. But when it's done, every minute is worth it, and shows in the final product.
From the first cut to the final application of polish before packaging, it's done by me.
Details from the British Racing Green Bifold.
Design is a two-part process. First, the item must be functional. It should serve its intended purpose efficiently and comfortably for the user.
No less important, it must be attractive to the eye, but not gaudy or beg for attention. I strive to make my products elegant and beautiful without excess.
This is achieved both with the lines of the design itself, and also with contrast of colors both in leather, thread, and edge dressing. Combined properly, these things turn a basic piece into a work of art.
- "I couldn't be more happy with my Dreadnought bifold. The leather is beautiful. The stitching is very neat and compliments the leather color. After six months of hard use it is still looking wonderful. I smile every time I pull it out." - Jason, Charlotte NC
- "Over a year ago, I received the perfect gift of a Dreadnought bifold. Until that time, I had never owned such an exceptionally well-crafted and durable wallet. Every day, I enjoy the beauty and functionality of Wyatt’s craftsmanship, because of my daughter’s thoughtfulness." - Dr. Data, Richmond, VA
- "I have the privilege of owning a Dreadnought Leather wallet - a variant of the British Racing Green bifold Mr. Moadus was kind enough to customize to fit my specifications. Mr. Moadus was professional and prompt in all our communications, and his craftsmanship is exceptional. You absolutely cannot go wrong with a Dreadnought Leather product." - Simon, London England
- "In the past 2 years my Dreadnought Leather wallet has been with me to see the bottom of an oil pipeline trench, nuclear power plants, ship boilers, skyscrapers and every piece of American back road in between. At this point, I'm fairly certain it's going to outlast me." - Rob, Charleston SC
- "My son gave your handmade wallets as gifts to myself and his two brothers this Christmas. I’m sure you know you make a high quality product, but I wanted to let you know that it’s the finest wallet I’ve ever owned." - JW
- "Purchased my first Dreadnought 2 pocket card wallet in May of 2016 and am still in love with it. Not a loose stitch on it and it's getting just the right, broken in, bomber jacket look to it. Always feel a little pride when I take it out to make a purchase. I was just gifted another Dreadnought card wallet of black walnut calfskin with a tanning date of May 1969 on it. Very cool indeed. Saving it for special occasions because I just cant bear to be without my original right now. Thank you Wyatt, your craftsmanship is outstanding." - Tim, Natick MA
- "The best wallet I could ever find, very well presented box, then I tried with all my items and fits perfectly, slimmer than I thought. The leather feels amazing, the finishes much better than Coach and Montblanc wallets (And believe me, I have them both). Mr. Wyatt Moadus, surely you made a great job with this wallet, I salute you Sir! My best review ever!" - Ben, Mexico City